DoTerra Essential Oil:
Melaleuca Essential Oil
Recognized by its more common name “tea tree”, melaleuca has been revered for its cleansing and regenerative properties, especially for the skin. Composed of more than ninety different compounds, melaleuca has limitless therapeutic applications. For aromatic, internal or topical use.
Today modern science has begun to investigate the effectiveness of this oil against many different types of pathogens and microbes including resistant strains of MRSA, super bugs. Research is validating the use of this extraordinary natural oil for personal and medicinal consumption. .
It is an excellent choice for wound care and tissue healing, and has long been known as a potent anti-fungal agent. With more than ninety different compounds combing to create a synergistic masterpiece, Melaleuca is nothing short of miraculous in its effect.
Properties: Antibacterial, analgesic, anti-infectious, antifungal, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, strong antiseptic, antiparasitic, decongestant, antiviral, expectorant, digestive, immune stimulant, neurontonic, insecticidal, tissue regenerator, and stimulant.
Historical Uses: Melaleuca essential oil, also known as tea tree oil historically has been used to heal cuts, skin infections and wounds by aborigines.
Possible Uses: doTERRA melaleuca essential oil may help with bronchitis, athlete’s foot, coughs, colds, flue, diarrhea, rash, gum disease, sore throat, skin healing, tonsillitis, sunburn, and vaginal thrush.
Aromatic Guide: Diffusing doTERRA melaleuca oil promotes purity and cleansing.
- Topically – Can be applied neat directly to area of concern or to reflex points on the body.
- Aromatically – Diffuse melaleuca essential oil.
- Internally – Take internally using gel capsules, or with food/beverage. Melaleuca is classified as a Food Aditive (FA) and Flavoring Agent (FL) by the FDA.
- Anti Bacterial: It is said that wherever Mother Nature gave the diseases, she gave the cures there itself. The activity of microbes, bacteria, virus and fungi are at their peaks in the Tropics and hence most of the medicinal plants are found there too. Tea Tree is one such plant. It can cure some of the ugliest bacterial infections of the Tropics. Wounds, which are most prone to bacterial infections in this region, can be effectively cured and protected using this oil. Although this oil is seldom taken orally, but if so, in mild concentrations, can cure internal bacterial infections too, such as those in colon, stomach, intestines, excretory system and urinary system. It can also be used in treatment of Tuberculosis.
- For wounds, tea essential oil is an excellent anti septic. It can be applied directly on the wounds, boils, sores, cuts and certain eruptions, as well as insect bites and stings, to protect them from infections. It is as good as any anti biotic, but without its adverse side effects.
- Tea tree essential oil helps cure viral infections like common cold, influenza, mumps, measles, pox etc.
- Those who are suffering from cough and cold, congestion, bronchitis and other troubles associated with cold, are sure to get relief using this Tea Tree Essential Oil. It gives relief from cough, cold, bronchitis and congestion.
- Insecticide: It is obvious that an essential oil that is so deadly for those adamant and hardy bacteria and viruses, will be effective against insects too. Tea Tree Oil is an efficient insect deterrent and insect killer. It does not let parasites and other insects like mosquitoes, fleas, lice, flies etc. come near a person who has rubbed some of this oil on his body. It kills internal insects and worms too, such as intestinal worms like round worm and tape worm and others like hook worms.
- Apply topically and neat (undiluted) to wounds, cuts, bites, fungus, athletes foot, skin disorders, and less severe burns. Also apply neat to address fungal issues. Use a carrier when applying to more sensitive areas, especially the genitals for herpes or thrush. It can be applied neat or with a carrier to the face and neck for skin disorders. Add a 5% dilution to shampoo to address dandruff problems. Gargle or oil-push a 5% dilution of melaleuca to effectively address mouth and gum problems. Melaleuca is an excellent anti-bacterial, effective against virus and supports the immune system when diffused.