Another doTerra favorite, this essential oil powerhouse is cold-pressed from lemon rinds to preserve its delicate nature and potent properties. Lemon is known as a powerful aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser that can be used to complement many other oils. Diffusing lemon in a room can cleanse the air and uplift mood. It can also be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaning booster. For aromatic, topical or dietary use.
- Add a drop to a water bottle or to water served at a restaurant.
- Diffuse aromatically or apply topically for mood elevation.
- Add to a drop of honey to soothe a cough or sore throat.
- Dilute with coconut oil for a daily fingernail conditioning massage.
- Apply directly to cold sores for soothing relief.
- Add a drop of lemon and peppermint to your toothbrush after use.
- Diffuse in a room to neutralize odors.
- Remove gum, lavel adhesives, and greasy substances from fabric.
- Use to clean kitchen counter and stainless steel appliances.
- Add to live oil for a non-toxic furniture polish.
- Lemon oil is effective against infectious diseases such as fever, malaria and typhoid
- Can be used as a mouthwash. Add a couple drops to a 4 oz glass of water and gargle.
- Can be added to a spray bottle of water and sprayed into the air as a deodorizer, neutralizer, and air sterilizer
- Prepare a mixture of lemon oil and baking soda, and apply it to sinks and tubs, in bathroom and kitchen (kills bad smells & germs)
Important: Make sure you use only glass, ceramic or stainless steel. The potency of the essential oil will pull out petrochemicals from the plastic, and you don’t want to ingest those.
As well, it helps in the formation of white and red blood cells, leukocyte formation (immune system warrior cells), is helpful in treating anemia, asthma, colds, fever, gout, heartburn, intestinal parasites, rheumatism, sore throats and infections, ureter infections, varicose veins, anxiety; is blood pressure regulating, helps ease and clear up cold sores, dissolves cellulite (!), good for debility, digestive problems, energy enhancer; helps alleviate gallstones, is liver and lymphatic system cleansing; beneficial for nervous conditions, respiratory problems, muscular aches and pains, memory improvement… to name but a few of the mighty lemon’s attributes.
There are many clinical studies with supportive data regarding the successful treatment of anxiety, cancer, and the conditions noted above, mostly due to its high content of d-Limonene, a powerful natural terpenine that is helpful in inhibiting the accumulation of toxins, while also helping to discharge existing ones from the liver and kidneys. Taken with plenty of fresh water daily, a drop or two of doTERRA’s pure therapeutic-grade lemon oil each time you drink is a great way to keep your system flushed and hydrated!
As a culinary treat lemon oil can also be added to cake batters, frostings, chicken dishes, and anything else you can think of! It makes a wonderful addition to vanilla ice cream, souffles, and smoothies, too.
How has lemon oil helped you?