DoTerra Essential Oil:
Sending kids off to summer camp? Spending time outdoors? You will definitely need a strong bug repellent to keep the bugs at bay. Insects, such as mosquitos and ticks, can be more than just annoying—they can transmit diseases. It’s important to protect yourself and your kids so that you don’t become a feeding frenzy for insects or risk becoming a carrier for pathogens.
How to choose a safe, effective bug repellent:
Most bug repellents found on the market contain a chemical known as DEET, which has known toxic effects, including seizures and death. The safer choice is to go with an all-natural formula that contains plant-based ingredients that are highly effective and nontoxic.
Studies have shown that essential oils, such as eucalyptus, citronella, and lemongrass are highly effective nontoxic alternatives to DEET. dōTERRA’s TerraShield Repellent Blend is a proprietary blend of Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils including lemon, citronella, eucalyptus, lemongrass, and 12 other carefully balanced oils blended in a base of 100% pure fractionated coconut oil. This blend can be used safely by the entire family, and reapplied every 4-6 hours for maximum protection.
How to Use TerraShield Repellent Blend:
Apply several drops all-natural super-concentrated TerraShield to exposed skin and openings in clothing before outdoor activity. Reapply every 4-6 hours or as needed.
Our Favorite Tips from our Fans:
1. Spray the oil (a few drops mixed with water) on windowsills to prevent bugs from getting into the house. (Submitted by Rosa O.)
2. If someone (who isn’t using TerraShield) gets stung by a bee or wasp, apply TerraShield to the bite to reduce the swelling and redness. (Submitted by Deena S.)
3. Add TerraShield to a homemade all-natural lotion base and apply to skin. (Submitted by Melit C.)
4. Spritz it in the basement to repel the spiders. (Submitted by Shauna M.)
5. Put a few drops in the water you use for plants and flowers to eliminate bugs and flies. (Submitted by Alicia G.)
6. Use a drop on each ankle and wrist. (Submitted by Karalie V.)
7. Use it in the kitchen to repel ants. Add 25 drops to a spray bottle with a drop of dish detergent, then spray on surface. (Submitted by Brenda L.)
8. Spray around vegetables/fruit that attract fruit flies on the kitchen counter. (Submitted by Stephanie F.)
9. Mix with fractionated coconut oil and put around neck, ears, and wrists. (Submitted by Jennifer B.)
10. I have used it on my family when we are outside and I also use it on my horses. It is great to rub on the inside of the horses’ ears and put a few drops down their back. It is great and it smells great. (Submitted by Amy M.)