This is an article written by Dr. David Hill from doTERRA regarding methods for keeping yourself clear of infectious diseases.
Swine Flu and other Infectious Risks
Unfortunately, germs and our exposure to them are a regular occurrence. As resistance and new strains continue to develop, we are at an increasing risk for serious infection.
I realize that there are many discussion threads regarding the potential dangers concerning the swine flu and other infectious health risks. There is much in the way of scientific medical research which demonstrates the efficacy of essential oils against a variety of pathogenic germs. Naturally occurring compound groups such as alcohols, phenols and aldehydes are often identified as being the most beneficial. I feel confident that it is a reasonable and responsible approach to use essential oils daily in a model of prevention and for resolution of symptoms in the cases of exposure.
In general, reducing our exposure and enhancing immune protection is our best defense. I suggest using dōTERRA essential oils in the following way:
1. Establish the daily routine of applying doTERRA’s OnGuard blend on the bottom of feet (for yourself as well as family members) both morning and night, which creates long-lasting and consistent protection.
2. Diffuse doTERRA essential oils in your home routinely throughout the day. On Guard and your favorite citrus oil combined is a potent and uplifting aroma.
3. Drink plenty of water. Adding a few drops of your favorite citrus oil will enhance your body’s natural defenses.
4. Viruses and bacteria are found in staggering numbers on surfaces. Use essential oils to thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces you and your family come in contact with. A mixture of Wild Orange, On Guard, and Thyme is especially potent. Diluting the mixture with water in a small glass spray bottle can easily be used anywhere, anytime. Simply spray and wipe for germ-free surfaces on the go.
5. Wash and wipe your hands using essential oils. Adding essential oils to your favorite soap increases effectiveness.
6. Use essential oils in combination to enhance their germ fighting benefits. The essential oils of On Guard (dōTERRA’s natural defense blend), Oregano, and Thyme are a critical part of your family’s protection plan. At the onset of any infection this combination used internally by capsule ingestion or on the bottom of the feet can offer quick relief and elimination.
7. Maintain the basis of personal health through appropriate supplementation. Using dōTERRA Lifelong Wellness pack has immune sustaining benefits for your entire family. With an ORAC score of nearly 6000 per serving, every cell in your body is fortified.
Using CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade™ essential oils is a safe and consistent approach to safeguarding individual and family health.
Yours in Health,
Dr. David Hill
Chief Medical Officer Chairman Scientific Advisor Committee