Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Celebrate by giving a sweet treat to the sweet people in your life! These honey suckers have a delicious rich flavor and can be paired with any of your favorite edible doTERRA essential oils.
What You Need:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons water
5 drops Lemon essential oil (or any of your favorite doTERRA oils you can ingest)
Hard candy sucker molds or silicone sheet
NOTE: We originally planned on making these suckers with all honey and no white sugar. Unfortunately, none of our attempts at using that recipe were successful. However, you can still try making your own suckers with all honey or maple syrup at home by just boiling them to 295 degrees Fahrenheit or until they reach the hard crack stage.
1. Place the sugar, honey, and water into a medium/large pan.
2. On medium heat, stir ingredients together with a wooden spoon until sugar has dissolved.
3. Once the sugar is dissolved, place the candy thermometer in your pan and allow it to come to a boil. Let it boil until it reaches 295 degrees Fahrenheit, or the hard crack stage.
4. While the candy is boiling, prepare your candy molds by spraying with non-stick spray and adding the sucker sticks. Add sprinkles to the mold if desired.
5. Immediately after the candy reaches the hard crack stage, pour into a heat-resistant measuring cup. Add essential oil and stir. Note: The mixture is VERY HOT. Be careful not to burn yourself.
6. Carefully pour the mixture into your candy molds. If you do not have a candy mold, you can pour your suckers onto a silicone mat and adding the sticks.
7. Twist the sucker sticks to make sure they are fully coated on the back.
8. Let suckers rest for at least 30 minutes before removing from mold. Store in plastic wrap or in decorative bags.