DoTerra Essential Oil Support For:
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is one of the most common lung diseases. It makes it difficult to breathe. There are two main forms of COPD:
- Chronic bronchitis, defined by a long-term cough with mucus
- Emphysema, defined by destruction of the lungs over time
Most people with COPD have a combination of both conditions.
Smoking is the leading cause of COPD. In rare cases, nonsmokers who lack a protein called alpha-1 antitrypsin can develop emphysema.
Other risk factors for COPD are:
- Exposure to certain gases or fumes in the workplace
- Exposure to heavy amounts of secondhand smoke and pollution
- Frequent use of cooking gas without proper ventilation
Those with COPD have noticed:
- Cough with mucus
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea) that gets worse with mild activity
- Frequent respiratory infections
doTERRA Essential Oil Users Have Found The Following To Assist In COPD Support:
Take 3 drops each of Oregano Oil, Lemon Oil, Melaleuca Oil and On Guard Oil Blend in a capsule daily.
*After 10 days, replace the Oregano Oil with Basil or Marjoram Oil-and take a probiotic for at least 5 days*
Rub Breathe Oil Blend (can add extra Peppermint Oil if you would like) around nose and on chest, at least twice a day
Rub 2-3 drops of Frankincense Oil on chest 1-2 times a day, and rub 2-3 drops of Balance Oil Blend on feet nightly (helps oxygenate the blood)
Drink 2 drops each of Lemon Oil and Slim & Sassy Oil Blend in 8 oz of water, 1-2 times a day.
Diffuse Breathe Oil Blend in the air
Rub AromaTouch Oil Blend on bottoms of feet nightly
(helps increase blood circulation)
Take Life Long Vitality Pack Vitamins daily
HELPFUL LIFE CHANGES:
Persons with COPD must stop smoking. This is the best way to slow down the lung damage
Things you can do to make it easier for yourself around the home include:
- Avoiding very cold air
- Making sure no one smokes in your home
- Reducing air pollution by eliminating fireplace smoke and other irritants
Eat a healthy diet with fish, poultry, or lean meat, as well as fruits and vegetables
“These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.”