DoTerra All Natural Skin Care Treatment For:
Acne is a skin condition that causes whiteheads, blackheads, and inflamed red growths (papules, pustules, and cysts) to form. These growths are commonly called pimples or “zits.”
Acne occurs when tiny holes on the surface of the skin, called pores, become clogged.
- Each pore is an opening to a follicle, which contains a hair and an oil gland. These oil glands help lubricate the skin and help remove old skin cells.
- When glands produce too much oil, the pores can become blocked. Dirt, debris, bacteria, and inflammatory cells build up. The blockage is called a plug or comedone.
- The top of the plug may be white (whitehead) or dark (blackhead).
- If the plug breaks open, the material inside causes swelling and red bumps to form.
- If the inflammation is deep in your skin, the pimples may enlarge to form firm, painful cysts.
Acne is a problem of swelling and inflammation, not a problem caused by bacteria.
Acne tends to run in families and can be triggered by:
- Hormonal changes related to menstrual periods, pregnancy, birth control pills, or stress
- Greasy or oily cosmetic and hair products
- Certain drugs (such as steroids, testosterone, estrogen, and phenytoin)
- High levels of humidity and sweating
Despite the popular belief that chocolate, nuts, and greasy foods cause acne, research does not confirm this idea. Diets high in refined sugars may be related to acne, though.
Most acne goes away on its own, however there are cases where it is a persistent issue in someones life. The following treatment has been shown to help those with not only random acne but also helpful for those who have a chronic acne skin condition. I always recommend trying a natural treatment option before attempting a Rx medication to avoid any side effects.
DoTerra Treatment For Acne:
Drink 2-4 drops of Lemon Oil, Grapefruit Oil or Lime Oil in 8oz of water, 2-4 times a day.
Rub Lemon Oil or Purify Oil Blend on area of concern, after washing your face, once daily
Rub Clean Skin Oil Blend on area of concern, after washing your face, once daily
dōTERRA® Clear Skin™ Topical Blend is a complex formula of exotic essential oil extracts sourced from around the world–from Africa to North America to Australia–that have been traditionally used and clinically validated for anti-microbial activity. 17 different oils have been synergistically combined in a potent topical solution unfriendly to bacteria and microbes that can cause unsightly and persistent reactions in the skin. A must-have blend for families, dōTERRA Clear Skin can be applied topically to facial blemishes, itchy scalp, unsightly nail beds and feet, and other affected areas of the skin. (If you have ever used Melaleuca for healthy skin, you will love this new blend!) For aromatic and topical use.
Take Zendocrine Detoxification Blend daily
Take Life Long Vitality Vitamins daily
Recommended Skin Care Products
With dōTERRA® Facial Cleanser, CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils of melaleuca and peppermint gently cleanse, lifting away impurities and leaving your skin feeling clean, fresh, and smooth. Cruciferous vegetable extracts also work to inhibit skin irritation and reduce oxidative stress to skin cells.
Formulated to visibly reduce the size of pores, dōTERRA® Pore Reducing Toner contains CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils of lavender, ylang ylang, and german chamomile which work with cutting edge ingredients to calm sensitive skin, inhibit skin irritation, and reduce oxidative stress to skin cells.
Invigorate and energize skin while exfoliating and polishing using this aromatic scrub. CPTG® essential oils of grapefruit and peppermint make the exfoliating step of your beauty regimen a refreshing, aromatic experience. Jojoba and cruciferous vegetable extracts leave skin protected and smooth, while other cutting-edge ingredients work to prevent irritation and the proliferation of skin discoloration.
dōTERRA® Spa Serenity Calming Bath Bar is a moisturizing bar combining dōTERRA’s Serenity blend of therapeutic grade essential oils and natural emollients from coconut, sunflower, and safflower oils and shea butter. Serenity Calming Bath Bar is free from harsh, artificial fragrances and colors and other ingredients that can be irritating to the skin. The Serenity blend of essential oils provides a serene, calming cleansing experience. Pamper yourself at the end of a stressful day with Serenity Calming Bath Bar.
Steps you can take to help your acne:
- Clean your skin gently with a mild, nondrying soap. Remove all dirt or make-up. Wash once or twice a day, including after exercising. However, avoid scrubbing or repeated skin washing.
Shampoo your hair daily, especially if it is oily. Comb or pull your hair back to keep the hair out of your face.