Peppermint Oil (Mentha Piperita)
Peppermint is popular in countless forms, from toothpaste to chewing gum. As an essential oil, it is useful to ease breathing and as a digestive aid. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
- Rub on stomach or feet, or take one drop internally to calm indigestion or upset stomach.
- Use with lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Diffuse aromatically or apply topically to open sinuses and airways.
- Apply with lavender to sore, tired muscles and joints.
- Breathe during a meal to help you feel full.
- Add to a cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated.
- Inhale as a non-stimulant invogorating pick-me-up on long drives.
- Add to shampoo and conditioner for a stimulating hair and scalp massage.
- Use with lavender and lemon during allergy season.
- Spread on child’s shirt before study time for alertness.
- Put a drop or 2 in Hot Chocolate, not only is it delicious, it also clears congestion and wakes you up better & longer than coffee!
- Rub on the stomach, belly or lower back area for relief of many gassy issues.
- It also improves blood circulation.
- Place a few drops of peppermint oil on an oil burner and increase the energy in the room
Personal Testimonies of doTerra Peppermint Oil:
“I put peppermint essential oil on my sick daughter’s feet while she was sleeping. I had heard it was good for upset stomaches. I was wishing I had given her some Tylenol or Motrin for her fever. When she woke up I was going to give her Motrin but she no longer had a fever. I have since learned that Peppermint is good for reducing fevers and have heard many people say that they use it all the time to reduce fevers.”
“My 12 year old son heard me read that you could put it on a shirt for alterness and wanted me to put it on his shirt before he went to school. He felt like it helped him focus better.”
“We have used Peppermint Oil for headaches on many occasions. Inhaling it helps as well as putting it on the temples or the base of the skull. I love being able to try this first on my kids or myself before using medications.”
“My mother-in-law was having a very bad hot flash due to her chemo-therapy, I quickly put some peppermint oil on her forehead and back of the neck…and she was back to normal in2 seconds!”
“I get migraines frequently, and on vacation with friends, I noticed one coming on. One of my friends put peppermint on my forehead, temples and neck… and it stopped it!! None of the Rx medicines that I’ve used has come close to stopping it so quickly!”
“I was very sick and had bad IBS but I never knew because the doctor missed it. Well by accident I found peppermint oil and oregano oil and it is like day and night. I suffered all the time but with these I have no symptoms except peppermint breath – they are awesome.”
How has Peppermint Oil been a benefit to you & your family??